Cogitations on in and outside
And if outside, c 'was in it ... And if it was outside ...
But then, where is the border?
Lying in a deckchair on the terrace of Trela, I ask myself this question while daydreaming. An answer, but not what I expect, comes to mind:''It must really have nothing else to do, to ask such questions.'' Yes, I have nothing else to do, then I invite, at the hour of siesta, to let me go to explore and try to find the boundary of inside and outside.
the erection of the house lattices, the high on the hill overlooking my hometown, I wanted a very large window connects our living room to the terrace and offers our small field of view wood and the valley of the Dordogne. The goal is to expand our inside, not physically, but visually, to feel more out of life, while being in and make the most of the view we have of the nature that surrounds us. Today, although in winter, windows separating us from the outside, the result is there.
Conversely, when we installed on the terrace, with three sliding folded, we can easily engage in conversation with people who are inside. Is then almost out inside.
In July 2004, we were the first inhabitants of Trela. Only bounds set by the surveyors marked the limits of our field. Unconsciously, perhaps, we did not differentiate between us and the neighbors. Not need to be closed, since we were all alone ! And yet, the time has come when he had to do ...
lattices where once only the vines were growing, were seen leaving the ground for new construction. A few hundred yards from the house in a subdivision communal first two buildings have become habitable. I would not like to live there for fear of being too one, among others ... Other sources have also received lots of new houses.
So we decided to build a wall, a real stone with a real portal. Before this wall there when I left home I thought I was going out. Now since this wall separates ownership of the road when I am in the courtyard outside the door, I say I'm in it. Finally in the property. And I have the impression of being pushed out after the gate ...
Still lying on my couch, I'm currently wondering if the space can not have a scalable design. Our sliding may be a draft? Why not imagine that we can push the walls, partitions, doors, windows? Thus, we demobilize the space, inviting inside and outside to merge. While inside we could be outside. And vice versa!
Around us, in Toulouse, but you can also check everywhere else, we tend to build walls and gates closing, more and more high, often embellished with panels deterrents such as:''Defense of entry'',''bad''dogs and portals are often provided with video installations and digital codes. The goal is clear: The head wants to score well and show the limits of his property and privacy. In other civilizations, even if one does not necessarily leave more easily enter the foreign home, the limit inside, outside, does not materialize as strongly. The Japanese, for example, play a lot with a kind of movable walls, replacing doors, windows and interior partitions. The space thus becoming more easily adaptable and transformable. The limit inside, outside, is not static. That may be the evolutionary design of space that has moved into the enterprise architecture and open space of twenty-first century. These spacious work areas, where managers and employees have their offices coast to coast, without partition or trellis. In this case, by breaking down physical borders that existed through walls of offices, one wonders, if not within the individual. His outside grows at the expense of its inside. Warning!
0 comments:
Post a Comment